You know, it sure works a lot better when wisps can work together even though they are competing in the same area. I have been on both sides of that and the ones that can are still here, the ones that don't... well they have gone. Just makes things a lot smoother all around.

Terri Kelley
Network Engineer
Farm to Market Broadband

On Jun 11, 2009, at 8:50 PM, Damian Wallace wrote:

Hit me off list if you can about that customer.

We should have done more for her.

-----Original Message-----
From: mikrotik-boun...@mail.butchevans.com
[mailto:mikrotik-boun...@mail.butchevans.com] On Behalf Of Robert
Andrews
Sent: Thursday, June 11, 2009 5:59 PM
To: Mikrotik discussions
Subject: [Mikrotik] Competing Wisps Was: Re: 5.8GHz Grids

I, for one, appreciate that you participate...

thank you.

Oh btw, you might ( the list ) appreciate this...   I got a call a
couple of days ago from a customer at a semi-competing wisp ( i will
explain that if asked ).    She was calling because she had a tranzeo
cpe and had her poe go bad. She had called her wisp and been told they

don't carry them ( but she bought it from them ).. She was out of luck

or buy a whole new radio. So she called Tranzeo and someone there gave

them my name, as we are in the region, to call about getting one.   We
don't carry spares and buy what we need by piece.   So I sent her to
Streakwave knowing they do carry spares.   I just loved how this went.

And the lack of support from their wisp.  Not a reference or
anything... There is a little more to the story and if that Wisp is on the list and they know who they are, they can explain anything extra...
But I would never hang one of my customers out that way.

Damian Wallace wrote:
When in MT land, does as MT does.