From: mikrotik-boun...@mail.butchevans.com
[mailto:mikrotik-boun...@mail.butchevans.com] On Behalf Of Butch Evans
Sent: Saturday, August 08, 2009 11:33 PM
To: Mikrotik discussions
Subject: Re: [Mikrotik] Hotspot portals

On Fri, 2009-07-31 at 11:06 -0400, Ralph wrote:
> I looked at it again.
> The problem I see is that there I need multiple gateways (groups of access
> points) on the same MT box, each one using a different portal.

This part is quite simple.  You can run a unique portal on as many
interfaces as you like (1 hotspot per interface).

> Visualize
> the MT box being at the tower site, with multiple PtP links going to 2
> campgrounds, each one owned differently and having to have its own
> statistics within WO and its own commission arrangement to the owner.

So bring the backhauls into the MT on different ports or (if you prefer)
different vlans and create a unique portal per interface or vlan (for
vlan, you have to create a bridge, include the vlan only and run the
hotspot on the bridge).

> 1. Build 2 unique hotspots on the MT Box, each using a different Ethernet
> port for the customers and a different Public IP for the Internet side.

> 2. Set up 2 Gateways in WO, each pointing to one of the 2 public IPs.
>
> Now what I can't figure out is whether I need to do something to the
default
> routes in MT to make the traffic from each gateway find its proper route
> out.  Sort of like having 2 different default gateways.

This part is easy, as well.
http://blog.butchevans.com/2008/09/mikrotik-policy-routing-implementation-ex
ample/ will get you started.

> Maybe the answer is staring me right in the face, but I don't see it!

It was...see the footer of every message to this list.