I've done this with dst-nat before, but never a netmap. I can help if you want to try that way.

Cameron

Bill Prince wrote:
OK, I'll play your silly little game. Sending this in plain text even tho it mucks up the simple formatting.

original msg:

Not sure why this isn't working for me, as I use the netmap quite a bit in other areas, but for some reason this isn't working today.

I have an old Tranzeo AP that is configured on a private IP (10.3.101.9), but for historical reasons it has no gateway address configured (long story, don't ask).

I would like to access it through the nearest MT router (which can ping the device through ether1).

Where we're at on the network, we go through that MT on ether3 via the subnet 10.13.100.0/24.

So I created a dedicated address on ether3 at 10.13.100.209, and put in these NAT rules:

   add     action=netmap \
       chain=srcnat \
       comment="srcnat for lost Tranzeo
       out-interface=ether3 \
       src-address=10.3.101.9 \
       to-addresses=10.13.100.209
         add    action=netmap \
       chain=dstnat \
       comment="dstnat for lost Tranzeo" \
       disabled=no \
       dst-address=10.13.100.209 \
       in-interface=ether3 \
       to-addresses=10.3.101.9

Now when I try to ping 10.13.100.209, I "should" get a response from that old Tranzeo. Yet I get no response. When I run torch on ether1 (where the Tranzeo is), the outgoing pings do not reach ether1.

So clearly I've got something fuzzed up, but it looks right to me.