From: mikrotik-boun...@mail.butchevans.com
[mailto:mikrotik-boun...@mail.butchevans.com] On Behalf Of Jayson Baker
Sent: Tuesday, January 26, 2010 9:15 PM
To: Mikrotik discussions
Subject: [Mikrotik] XR9 cards?

We installed a link today, it's about 2000' through some pine trees, with a
little bit of a small hill in the way.  Using XR9 cards on both ends, and
17dBi yagi antennas (M2 I think?).
Only seeing about -75 to -80 on both ends.  Is this normal?  I would have
expected much better signal, going only that short of a distance.

I left all settings on the MT router default, as in tx-power is default, and
antenna is port a, etc.  Should a different power level be put in?

Thanks for your help