I think you can't qos the pptp because you don't know what is in the tunnel. You need to qos before packets enter the pptp.

Martín Ruiz
Director técnico
902430367 - 669379521
www.ibersystems.es

Enviado desde mi iPhone

El 06/03/2010, a las 01:59, Josh Luthman <j...@imaginenetworksllc.com> escribió:

I have two queue trees setup, one for LAN the other for WAN.

I've got some applications (current case being VMware VIC) going through my pptp tunnel and it runs very poorly through the VPN. I have mangle rules
marking the packets, but only out the WAN interface.

I then added a new "main branch" of the queue tree, with the PPTP interface as the parent. I duplicated the queue for VIC and put it under this new "main branch". It is counting packets very quickly so I know it's getting
the traffic, however, the application still runs poorly.

Are there any suggestions out there to help me out QoSing this one
application?

Josh Luthman
Office: 937-552-2340
Direct: 937-552-2343
1100 Wayne St
Suite 1337
Troy, OH 45373

“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to co ntinue
that counts.”
--- Winston Churchill