I am completely at a loss with this issue. I performed additional troubleshooting steps as followed with the same result each time - unable to communicate with the NS units or anything behind them.

1) Tried a simple crossover cable

2) Tried placing a dumb switch in between the NS and RB750

3) Tried changing IP addresses

4) Tried manually adding an arp entry for the NS units

The RB750 shows the ethernet as linked and okay - checked out at 10 and 100 half/full. I did notice that on all the interfaces, the MTU is 1500 but the L2 MTU is 1524. I changed that to 1500 and it did nothing for me. Is there something else I could possibly be doing wrong?