Maybe. 28VDC is the high end of the rating. I have seen at least one 433AH not startup at 27volts, but once it started it would run at 27.5. If you are going above that it is possible you could be causing the overvoltage protection to kick in. Assuming you are drawing about .5 amp on the board, you could put a 8 ohm 20watt resistor in series with the power supply and drop 4 volts so the MT would see 24. You would really want to measure the current to get the right resistor. For those that want to do this but don't know the formulas
resistance = (voltage drop desired)/(measured current)
wattage = (power supply voltage) * (measured current)
The resistance needs to be close the the calculated valued.
The wattage rating of the resistor should be more than the calculated value. Bigger won't hurt as the rating has to do with the amount of heat the resistor can dissipate.

A better way would be a regulated 24VDC power supply that will accept 24-30VDC as input, but I don't even know if such a device exists.