On Wed, 2010-11-03 at 11:08 -0400, Casey Mills wrote:
> Anyone using these?
> http://www.roc-noc.com/product.php?productid=55&cat=0&page=1
>
> It is getting much harder to find a board with this many PCI slots.
> Maybe Mikrotik needs to make a PCI Express card.
> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813121412

For multiple GigE ports, you can't reasonably expect full throughput on
PCI bus.  This is why you need PCI-E or PCI-X.  I agree that MT should
make one, but they don't.  This is the reason we have abandoned MT for
high throughput routers.  I have multiple boxes that can do multiple
GigE (even 10Gig) ports, but they are Intel chipsets, which is not in
the cards for MT, since they are in a race to the bottom of the price
race.

> Can a PCI port even transfer
> 4 gigabits per second?

No.