Good afternoon everyone.

I have a bit of problem for a big client that is trying to setup an
IPsec tunnel to their corporate offices.

The setup is as follows:

CoreRouter -> L2Switch -> AP -> CPE

The router and switch are strictly vlan.  The same vlans are being
handed out through the Ap to the CPE.  The cpe is in wds mode.  The vlan
interface is then bridged to the ether interface.

We also tried untagging of the vlans from a switch plugged into the cpe,
instead of making the Mikrotik do it.

If we put their router directly into the L2Switch at the tower site,
untagged in the vlan, their tunnel fires up immediately.  So we know
that we don’t have any edge/provider problems, and nothing wrong with
our backhaul, switches, or core routers.

The AP is a RB600 with 3.20 and the cpe is an rb800 on 4.11. Both have
Atheros AR5413 radio cards.

Our second test was using two rb532’s running 3.30.

We’ve tried having the cpe in station, station-psuedobridge, wds slave.

We are queuing the customer’s traffic on the cpe using simple queues.

We have exhausted all that we can think of.

Can anybody think of what would be causing an ipsec tunnel to break down
over a wireless link?

Thanks for any help on this, it’s rather frustrating.

-Keith-