Hello all,

I have a problem that requires some policy routing assistance.

I have a network in Wyoming that normally feeds off of Internet backbone in Cheyenne. The backhaul in Cheyenne is offline and we have three days of blizzard conditions that will probably prevent me from being able to replace it if it is an equipment failure. I do have a backup link from that network to my Gering, Nebraska network and 95% of my customer traffic is going across that link now. However, I have about 10 customers with Public IP addresses that are not working because their IP addresses are tied to the Cheyenne backbone provider.

I have a VPN between my Gering and Cheyenne networks and internally all of these things are working just fine. However, the public IP addresses are default routing out through my Gering network instead of through the VPN. I believe that if I was able to do a policy route for those IP addresses to go through the VPN back to Cheyenne that they would start working again. If anyone on this list has experience with policy routing and an hour or so to help me out, it would be greatly appreciated. I've done policy routing on StarOS, but not on Mikrotik and am concerned that I might blow up the rest of my network.

Anyone who could offer me some assistance, please hit me offlist or via IM to mrbumkus (AOL-IM) or mattlarsen_vb (Yahoo IM).

Thanks and have a great New Year!

Matt Larsen
vistabeam.com