It's more the quality of the releases. IPv6 routes were meant to be fixed in
rc11, it's only in rc12 that they are tested fixed but now thats caused
issues with IPv4 BGP even when v6 is disabled.

Add into the mix the fact that MT's changelog aren't worth even being used
at toilet paper and you have the perfect storm for complex interaction
faults.

But then again we are cautious with rolling out to the core, Most of our
gear is running 4.10 and was only upgrade to that in the past 3-4 months
after detailed testing. As a result we dont get hit with random issues
months down the the track and our core has uptimes measured in years and
months (Alot of the core was running 3.30 with 6month + uptimes before the
4.10 upgrade)