We have a client that has a new HVAC system (Delta Controls). It uses a controller that can only talk L2. The HVAC guys for the client asked me to set up a portmap for port 47808.

I did this, but it appears that the MT portmap substitutes the original (public) source address with the router's internal gateway address.

So the device replies with it's own private address, which gets sent back to their monitoring software, and when they reply to the private IP, it gets lost.

So they are asking me to mangle the portmapped packets to stick in the original public IP, to fool their controller.

I have no clue how to do this.

--
bp