On Mon, 2011-06-06 at 21:26 -0500, Butch Evans wrote:
> On Mon, 2011-06-06 at 22:19 -0400, Scott Reed wrote:
> > The key difference I see in your original post is that you use queues
> > that don't work and /IPv6/ mangle that does.  Does MT only recognized v6
> > addresses in areas that are called IPv6?
> > If that is the case, they need an IPv6 Queue section really soon.
>
> I swear it worked once.  I can't recall what version I was running and
> perhaps I'm just dreaming.  Either way, If it worked before and doesn't
> now, then it would correctly be called a bug.  If it never worked and
> should, then it would be called a "coming feature".  If it never worked
> and never will, then it would be called "Mikrotik".  :-)

Here's the answer to this problem from Janis Krumins of MT support:
******BEGIN QUOTE******
to make simple queue work for IPv6 set argument dst-address=::/0

There is little glitch that we are looking into that when you add simple
queue, dst-address field gets a value of 0.0.0.0/0, as result, packets
are matched for IPv6-IPv4 pair. Setting IPv6 address in the dst-address
makes queue to match IPv6-IPv6.

        Regards,
        Janis Krumins

********END QUOTE*********

There are 3 things of GREAT importance in this note.

1. I submitted a bug report to supp...@mikrotik.com with some detail,
and an answer was returned in under 12 hours (actually, it was under 3
hours).

2. The suggested fix really does work.  I created my queue with the
indicated "dst-address=::/0" and immediately saw the queue begin to
match traffic.

3. Mikrotik admitted that there is a bug in their software, though they
called it "a little glitch".  :-)

SO...can someone send me the URL again for the bug reports?  I will be
happy to submit this, but I can't find the emails with the URL in it.
Also, for anyone who has an earlier version of routerOS installed AND is
running IPv6, can you please test this on an earlier version of routerOS
to see where this "little glitch" first appeared?  I would be able to do
this myself, but I'm really covered up for the next several days with
completing curriculum for a training I have in just a few days.  Yes,
the only thing I do in a timely fashion is procrastinate.  :-)

* Butch Evans                   * Professional Network Consultation*
* http://www.butchevans.com/    * Network Engineering              *
* http://store.wispgear.net/    * Wired or Wireless Networks       *
* http://blog.butchevans.com/   * ImageStream, Mikrotik and MORE!  *
*                NOTE THE NEW PHONE NUMBER: 702-537-0979           *