On Thu, 2011-06-09 at 10:09 +1200, Tristram Cheer wrote:
> Is anyone else seeing ROS 5.0 to 5.4 devices with IPv6 address on lan ports
> randomly stop working? ND is still working but the IPv6 address doesn't
> respond to pings. I'm getting a number of reports from clients about IPv6
> brokenness and it's turning out that the MT router is handing out IPv6
> prefix's via ND but wont respond. Happend on RB 411/711/133 so far

Just a thought here, but are the IPv4 addresses still working when v6
fails?  If so, check to see if the router itself can ping it's own v6
address during the "outage".  Also, what do you have to do to get it
working again?  Is it as simple as disable/enable the IP or something
more disruptive like a reboot?

* Butch Evans                   * Professional Network Consultation*
* http://www.butchevans.com/    * Network Engineering              *
* http://store.wispgear.net/    * Wired or Wireless Networks       *
* http://blog.butchevans.com/   * ImageStream, Mikrotik and MORE!  *
*                NOTE THE NEW PHONE NUMBER: 702-537-0979           *