I forgot to mention this was for the older 112 and 133C boards. On a 411 you
don't need to worry about disabling packages.

-----Original Message-----
From: mikrotik-boun...@mail.butchevans.com
[mailto:mikrotik-boun...@mail.butchevans.com] On Behalf Of Chadd Thompson
Sent: Tuesday, June 21, 2011 2:18 PM
To: 'Mikrotik discussions'
Subject: Re: [Mikrotik] Upgrading 3.30 to 5.4

Here is what I posted to the MT forums a while back when someone asked, this
was for upgrading from ROS 2.x

1. Upgrade FW.
2. Reboot
3. Disable all packages other than what has to be there.
4. Reboot
5. Upload 3.0
6. Reboot
7. Update license and Upgrade FW if it needs it
8. Reboot
9. Upload 4.16
10. Reboot
11. Check FW and license again and update if needed
12. Reboot if either needed upgraded
13. Check to make sure I don't have noise floor threshold or custom data
rates set, If you do disable noise floor threshold and set default rates.
14. Upload 5.4
15. Reboot
16. Change wireless mode to whatever mode you want. If it is a client set it
to "any" if it is an AP set it to the mode you want to run.

Thanks,
Chadd