What am I missing?  My pppoe client won't connect to my server.

Ok I followed the basic instructions at http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:Interface/PPPoE but it just doesn't seem to work, or is incomplete or was written for an earlier version, I just don't know.

So I set factory reset an RB 750, installed the default config, followed the instructions above, connected a boring EnGenius ECB 1221 R and ... nothing.

The link below has a diagram of my set up and screen shots of as many things I could think of to be useful in the hope that some kind sole might point out what I've obviously over looked.

http://home.bowenvale.co.nz/mtk/RB-750-PPPoE-Server-Test-Set-up.pdf

Don Gould
31 Acheson Ave
Mairehau