On Wed, 2011-09-28 at 15:57 -0500, Simon Westlake wrote:
> I hadn't even seen the RB800, nice. So I could use that with the
> expansion card.. only 3 gig ports though. Would fit for some of my needs
> though.
>
> Does the CA800 case fit if you use the expansion card?

There is a larger case for use with the expansion card.  Since MT
decided to EOL the RB1000, the RB800 is the next best thing.  The only
drawback to the RB800 IMO is the cpu fan.  I have heard that some people
are running it without a fan (adding a simple heat sink) without issues,
but I don't recommend that.  As for the expansion card, it's the same
card as the RB600 (also EOL) expansion I think.  I wish they would build
a GigE expansion board for that router, but I have heard no plans for
such a device.  Hit me offlist if you need a quote for these.

* Butch Evans                * Professional Network Consultation   *
* http://www.butchevans.com/ * Network Engineering                 *
* http://store.wispgear.net/ * Wired or Wireless Networks          *
* http://blog.butchevans.com/ * ImageStream, Mikrotik and MORE!    *
*          NOTE THE NEW PHONE NUMBER: 702-537-0979                 *