Definitely happened with my AppleTV and OpenDNS. Reverting to (at home) carrier DNS fixed massive buffering issues.

Bill Prince <mailto:part...@skylinebroadbandservice.com>
September 5, 2012 15:46
Be careful about using public DNS. Sometimes (emphasis on the "some" in sometimes), this can connect a user to a remote CDN when downloading content.

Often CDN selection can be influenced by which DNS server you use, and if the DNS server is (for instance) in Kansas, and you are in Oregon (for instance), you "might get a CDN that is closer to Kansas than Oregon.

Not saying it will happen, but it can and as usual, YMMV.

bp

RickG <mailto:rgunder...@gmail.com>
September 5, 2012 13:38
But you can use public DNS?

Chupaka <mailto:chup...@gmail.com>
September 4, 2012 18:09
That's why you should have 2 DNS not to have a downtime ;)