From: mikrotik-boun...@mail.butchevans.com
[mailto:mikrotik-boun...@mail.butchevans.com] On Behalf Of Damai
Sent: Tuesday, October 01, 2013 10:48 PM
To: Mikrotik discussions
Subject: [Mikrotik] Multiple AP with same SSID

Dear All,

The situation is something like this:
There is a big house, it seems one access point would not cover all the
area.
So we plan to install two or more access point.
All these APs linked with UTP cables.
So when the UserA is in RoomA, connecting to AP-A, it get full signal from
AP-A.
Then he moves to RoomB, where the signal from AP-A is low (1-2 Bar), and the
signal from AP-B is full.
So UserA device will still connect to AP-A(existing connection) or
automatically connect to AP-B(better signal)?

AP-A and AP-B should using the same SSID?

What we want is:
the device will automatically switch to the best signal.
Is it depending on the user's device OS?

Any idea?

Thanks.

Suwanto