The “mikrotik” probe in The Dude is documented to use SNMP to confirm that a
device is a MikroTik, but beyond that the information is sparse.

I have a remote (affiliated with but not belonging to me) MikroTik on my
network map, and use the mikrotik probe to double-check that it’s working and
that its IP address hasn’t been released and dealt to someone else.  The probe
was working for a few days after I added it, then it stopped woking, showing
“timeout”.

The Dude can snmpwalk this device and display all its information, so I know
it’s the right device at the right address, the name and password are right,
and SNMP is working.  I’ve boosted the timeout to 30s, but apparently the
problem is not really time-related.  I assume the mikrotik probe needs
something subtle to do its job that I’m not aware of.  Any advice?