Currently using a CCR1036 shaping about 2600 customers and peaking at 1.5Gbps throughput. Running into issues at peak where the CPU maxes out and bandwidth drops into the 400-600Mbps range then it recovers.

Currently uses two bonded SFPs for upstream and two ethernet ports (not bonded just standard routed) for downstream. All queuing is done with simple queues created via Radius/DHCP along with some static simple queues. Nothing other than some simple firewall rules. When checking the profile on the router when it maxes the CPU the majority is queuing (70%+)

Not sure if I need to be shaping it differently, need to split the downstream out to more ethernet ports or if I am just exceeding the capabilities of the CCR.