Dear List

WOW. 6.41 is a massive improvement, finally the whole bridge vlan stuff
works as expected and you can have an untagged mgmt network and tagged
packets on the same interface now. And also IGMP snooping on the bridge
works now. So no more killing the WLAN when you send multicast media
streams!

So time to play around with OSPF.

Unfortunately I have found that one if my switches does incorrectly
handle the 224.0.0.0/24 group which should always be flooded to all
port regardless of the 'what to do with unregistered multicast' setting.

So unfortunately the router behind that switch is not getting the ospf
multicast packets but offers an alternate route to 44.0.0.0/8 over a
long distance unreliable HF link, which is therefore nice to have
dynamically announced when up.

The solution would be to configure that router as an NBMA neighbor to
my designated router. But that routes already is using multicast
to talk to some other routers in the same area.

So is there a feasible way to use NBMA and broadcast on the same
interface?

Happy New Year!

-BenoƮt Panizzon-
--
I m p r o W a r e   A G    -    Leiter Commerce Kunden