On a Windows 10 PRO / 64 bit machine, am now using the MiKTeX Console 2.9.6637,
and I don't like it. The older version was far more versatile than this new
creation. Unless I am missing something, I am forced with an all or nothing
choice when it comes to updating. The older version allowed me to choose what
updates I wanted to install.

In addition, the older version allowed me to click on the potential updated
file and be directed to an URL that more fully described the module. I found
that very useful. Unfortunately, it is no longer available in the new updated
console.

I realize that there is probably no going back to the older version; however,
it would be nice if some of those features available in the previous version
were ported to this newer version.

Just my 2ยข on the matter.

--
Jerry