At 15:04 13/02/2004 -0700, you wrote:
On 13 Feb 2004 at 10:18, Alain DESEINE wrote:

> I got a problem using CLAMAV and MIMEDefang when scanning zip files
> containing viruses ...

<snip>

Are you using *_contains_virus_clamd() or *_contains_virus_clamav()
functions?

I use both.

The daemonized scanner requires a local socket accessible to the
defang user, which your configuration doesn't include.  Also note
that there was a bug in clamav 0.65 causing intermittent hangs; I'd
suggest upgrading to 0.66.

I'm not sure you're right, because when i receive a mail with a virus attached (EICAR.COM for example) the virus is well found. The problem is only when the virus is contained in a zip file.

I will upgrade to 0.66 today to see if it's work better.

Though there are other options, I personally prefer to run clamd as
the defang user and "chown defang" all files/directories touched by
clamav.

----
Nels Lindquist <*>
Information Systems Manager