Prashanth KB wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can any one help me in how to remove read receipts for a particular
> email id?
>
> For example:
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] sends a mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED] and request a
> read receipt. I want to block in sendmail or by using mimedefang the
> read receipts sent by [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Are you familiar with the format of these receipts?  IOW do you know the envelope
sender, any particular headers, subject, body, etc that would accurately determine
that a message is (1) a read receipt and (2) sent by "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"?  Coming
up with the perl code to discard these is the trivial part (to me), but I've
forgotten everything I used to know about what read receipts look like.  I know that
most of them have a null envelope sender (<>), so I imagine it would take some
header and or body parsing to determine that it is indeed a read receipt (and not a
DSN) and that it did in fact come from "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" and not someone else...

Michael Sims
Project Analyst - Information Technology
Crye-Leike Realtors
Office: (901)758-5648  Pager: (901)769-3722