Michael Faurot wrote:
In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> you wrote:

On a related note, what are people setting their timeout value to for
greet_pause?

Great, exactly what I was looking for.  I currently have my setting at 10000
milliseconds.  I don't want to go to crazy because of some discussion on the
comp.mail.sendmail newsgroup about mail servers with low timeout values.

I set mine to 10,000 (10 seconds) as well.  Seems to be working okay,
but it's only been half a day.

I've already seen several log messages indicating it's doing its job.
So far, I've seen no evidence to indicate this is hindering transfer of
mail from desirable sources.

Is their a way to omit this if the smtp client comes from some defined IP space? This would be great but I don't want all of the users complaining that the mail server takes for ever to send email.

schu