Bummer... I hadn't noticed it before, but I had that in my maillog file, too. It turns out that the perl DBD libraries don't expose the API method to set the wait time for locks to expire, so if a lock is encountered an error is immediately returned. There are a couple of bugs logged against the DBD Sqlite module at CPAN to this effect.

Potential solutions include using external file locking or switching to another database backend. I made the minor changes to get the thing to work under mysql, and I just restarted my mimedefang. I'll monitor its progress overnight, and if it looks good in the morning, I'll post the code changes.

Thanks for finding this! It's a real bummer... there's even a patch on CPAN to fix the wait time issue in the DBD module, but it's not yet in the distribution.

Best Regards,
John Kirkland