Bill Maidment wrote:
Hi

I'm trying to use md_check_against_smtp_server to check the email recipient against valid users on another mail server.

The problem I have is that invalid recipients cause the incoming email to continually bounce between my two mail servers. Valid recipients work fine!

OK. I've finally found the last problem.
I had, for some strange reason, set LUSER_RELAY in the sendmail.mc on the internal server, to point to the external server. Once that was removed, and I added the renaming host line as previously suggested, all was well.

Thanks everyone for all the assistance.

Cheers
Bill