Ian Mitchell wrote:

As for the knock toward Symantec developers, having been a programmer at one time, I would take offense to that comment. I highly doubt Symantec has conceeded to the whims of spyware developers. I would be more inclined to think they simply don't care because it's outside of their requirements. Their job does not consist of policing what you install on your computer (and frankly, that would probably be illegal).

well - in all fairness - a lot of the "evil" spyware isn't installed by choice. I have NEVER knowingly allowed spyware on my machine. But I've got a software firewall that occasionally pops up to let me know something HAS in fact been installed on my machine somehow. Grrr.. I don't use office, LookOUT or any other MS product I can avoid - but still there they are... So ya, I download Search & Destroy and I go take care of it.

Ultimately, we have Bill to thank for all that.

Thanks Bill.... Kawa-Bunghole!

-Ben