All,

I had the case were multiple instances of the virus scanner was running with only 2 sendmail processes, the load average went real high stopped sendmail and the virus scanner could not run either because all were waiting on more memory.. Lovely deadlock here...

Anyway...

Am I right to assume that if a mail message contains multiple attachments that mimedefang could spawn off a virus scan for each attachment?
Therefore, if a spammer sent in a message with x attachments at some point he could kill my server....

So, is there a way to limit how many I will spawn off at one time?

thanks,

Keith