David F. Skoll wrote:
...snip...

If you're on Linux, try this:

        strace mimedefang.pl -features > TRACE.OUT 2>&1

and sending me (off-list!) TRACE.OUT

David,

Thanks for the pointer. checking the strace info (before sending it to you) I was able to determine that it's hanging while trying to connect to my SQL database server.

Since I have SpamAssassin configured to use a MySQL database server (non-local) and it's not able to make the connection to the database server, it's just hanging. completely. indefinitely.

if I comment out the SQL bayes lines in sa-mimedefang.cf, mimedefang.pl -features and -test start to work as expected.

Thanks for the help.

Alan