--On Wednesday, April 13, 2005 4:29 PM -0700 John Nemeth <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

     I was thinking of sticking 'use strict;' in my filter in order to
make sure that it is written cleanly and is less likely to have bugs (I
realise that 'use strict;' is not a panacea).  Is this likely to cause
any problems with mimedefang.pl?

Good question. I just discovered a bug in my filter because I'd failed to escape an "@" in a regex (eg. "if ($Sender =~ /@mydomain\.com/)"). It was matching on every .com domain. (My editor failed to catch it because it wasn't coloring the @mydomain as an interpolated variable, and nothing warned that it was undeclared with "my". The next rev of my editor will have that patched.)

In addition to "use strict", does it make sense to use "-wT"? (Presumably this would need to be in mimedefang.pl.) Could a hostile sender effect a shell escape in a poorly-written filter?