Philip Prindeville wrote:

Anyone want to work with me on getting patches worked out, tested,
and integrated into the next version? I can attach what I've done so far...

Hold off on this...  I ran a regression suite, and found that I had
introduced a bug in this...  I'm reworking it.  Also changing (slightly)
the API so that the support for an external reference/cookie/nonce is
supported.

I'll repost later today.

I emailed Doug 4-5 days ago about this (via the cpan.org email address)
but haven't heard from him.

-Philip