Hmmm...  I'm running a Linux shop here, so rarely does anyone send me
legitimately a .exe or .pif file. I was wondering about making the following
change to the stock mimedefang-filter:

   if (filter_bad_filename($entity)) {
       md_graphdefang_log('bad_filename', $fname, $type);
# return action_drop_with_warning("An attachment named $fname was removed from this document as it\nconstituted a security hazard. If you require this document, please contact\nthe sender and arrange an alternate means of receiving it.\n"); return action_bounce("Message rejected; an attachment named $fname of\ndubious nature was found in this message.\nContact the postmaster if this was a legitimate transfer.\n");
   }

Or we could make the code switched on a variable, such as "$extreme_paranoia" ;-)

Ditto for flagging and delivering suspected spam versus bouncing it.

-Philip