David F. Skoll wrote:

While this wastes bandwidth, it does keep those marginal SMTP implementations
from failing.  It also lets us log subject lines of greylisted mail, and we
get lots of logs like this:

what=greylisted, relay=222.46.49.130,
[EMAIL PROTECTED], subject=Corel Draw

what=greylisted, relay=59.1.51.100, [EMAIL PROTECTED],
subject=High quality watches

Hey David, any idea what percentage of the spam that's blocked this way would also end up blocked by spamassassin? (Or at least tagged as spam, since some people don't block at all, we do if it scores more than a specific value, but let spam through tagged below said value). Other than a resource issue in running SA, it would seem to me once you accept the data phase, if most of the stuff is going to be marked anyways, then at worst all you're doing is adding more tagged spam to the mix. Obviously for some people this alone is enough reason for greylisting, so I'm not trying to use this as an argument against it (my only argument was in my other message to the list), but I am vaguely curious.

Gary Schrock