Hi,

I suspect SA itself has the same problem but since I did only some tests the
problem never happened to me.

This Plugin works in Spamassassin, but in mimedefang sometimes some of
the timeouts get ignored.

Does it work if you disable the embedded Perl feature?

The same problems.

Timeouts in SpamAssassin are (to the best of my recollection) implemented
with SIGALRM, which by itself is evidence of scariness, but I don't think
MIMEDefang should affect SA.

I'm not sure if this is true on FreeBSD, but maybe try implementing
your 100-second wait with something like this:

      select(undef, undef, undef, 100);

Yes the example was a bad one since I'm working in my plugin completly
with pipes so I should have made one with pipes too.

I've changed SIGTERM now to be SIGKILL, let's see it that helps.

Martin