Dirk the Daring wrote:
That won't work, just return('REJECT', "Recipient invalid");

   I was hoping I could do that. Much simpler (altho it'll also involve
being nice enuf to the SPAMmers to give them a 5xx, and I really don't
like being nice to them.

Think of it this way: You're not doing it to be nice to the spammers. You're doing it to be nice to the legit senders who misspell the recipient's address.

Just like rejecting on spam filtering: you don't provide an error message for the spammers' sake, you provide it for the sake of the sender whose message triggers a false positive, so they don't think the message went through.

--
Kelson Vibber