I know this isn't the right list for this, but I thought maybe I could use MimeDefang to fix a real minor issue I'm having. I'm using Cyrus IMAP server and sieve for filtering. If someone set's up a vacation message, sieve autoresponds but sets "Return-Path: <>". I'm noticing that many other autoresponders do the exact same thing, but more and more often, I'm noticing that customers mail servers are not accepting those messages with this:

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
   (reason: 556 Mail from nullsender not allowed (#5.7.1))

I can't figure out how to make sieve add the correct name in the return path, so is there a way to make Mimedefang do it on the way out? Set the return-path to whatever the from has in it? And should I even attempt this? I've been reading and it looks to me like this was maybe done on purpose to prevent mail loops, and mail servers are supposed to accept messages with null Return-Paths.

Anyone have any ideas on this?  Thanks for the input!!

Mark