David F. Skoll wrote:

Yep.

I've set this in sendmail.mc:

define(`confTO_COMMAND',`40s')

and haven't noticed any ill effects.  It is a DoS waiting to happen,
because the default Timeout.command is 1 hour!  If you want to kill
someone's machine, just open up lots of connections to port 25 and sit
doing nothing.  If you have control of many zombie machines, you can
fill up the victim's process table in a trice while consuming almost
no resources on your botnet.

Hahah, I just finished setting that (I used '1m') ...

Thanks for the advice... And thanks for putting up with a post like that here. The sendmail list is usually clogged with much more neophyte admins
asking how to get sendmail running...

-Ben

--
Ben Kamen
Email: bkamen AT benjammin DOT net              Web: http://www.benjammin.net

Remember that whatever misfortune may be your lot, it could only be
worse in Cleveland.
                -- National Lampoon, "Deteriorada"