Sorry for the long delay in replying, I have been on a road trip
helping my brother move from Texas to South Carolina.

Jason Bertoch wrote:
Out of curiosity, how much information are you trying to insert into the
error message such that it causes you problems?  I use the following line
for messages that score above my highest threshold.  For really spammy
messages, this line can get rather long, but hasn't produced any problems to
the best of my knowledge.  Any false positive submitters have been able to
include the expanded error message in their report.
action_bounce("Message appears to be Spam. Matched $names for a score of
$hits.");

  I think my line was something like "SPAM markers found. Please see
http://oururl.tld/spam-faqs for more information".   Every time it
would try and send this message out, it reverted to the phrase "command
rejected".  When I kept the message simple it never did this.

  Hhmmm.. I just noticed something.  Every time the bounce message
got reverted to "Command rejected", the log file contains a line, right
before this:

set_reply returned MI_FAILURE

  I never noticed this before.  A bit of research shows some older
messages in this list refering to using newlines in the bounce message
as one cause.  I know I didn't use newlines in mine, so I'm guessing
one of the other characters I set in there was the culprit.  If I can
figure that out and create a longer, friendly message, I would be
mucho happier. My searching hasn't turned up an online resource for
what characters are and are not accepted here. Any ideas?

TLD/Brad