Ive installed mimedefang sucessfully. Its installed on a redhat dist. I copied the redhat init script to /etc/init.d and tried to get it to start. I get an error message that says: Starting mimedefang-multiplexor: ERROR: You must not run mimedefang-multiplexor as root.
Use the -U option to set a non-root user.
                                                           [FAILED]
Starting mimedefang: ERROR: You must not run mimedefang as root.
Use the -U option to set a non-root user.

Can someone help me with the syntax of the init file so it will start mimedefang as a user named defang? Ive been reading throught the readme and man pages, but dont seem to be able to wrap my brain around the syntax.

thanks,

ddh

--
Dwayne Hottinger
Network Administrator

-- Albert Einstein

"The hottest places in Hell are reserved for those who, in times of moral
crisis, preserved their neutrality."
-- Dante