On 2/16/2010 8:45 AM, wbr...@e1b.org wrote:
Making the switch caused some grief, but I think it was worth it in the
long run.  If nothing else, patches don't eventual bog the system down like
they do in Windows.  If you don't believe me, take a fresh machine and
install Windows 2000 on it.  Time how long it takes to boot.  Then do
nothing but patch it.  Alot.  Reboot repeatedly.  Burn most of a day doing
so.  Time how long it takes to boot after all current patches are applied.
Last time I did this, it took about 3 times longer to boot.

That's because Linux patches FIX things.

Windows patchs might fix things... ORRRRrrrr it might be installing covert
windows software
that allow Microsoft, the NSA, SOME government with monetary stake in MS or, or
even the execs in HOLLYWOOD to wreak control of your PC and it's content.

Grrrr...

 -Ben

--
Ben Kamen - O.D.T., S.P.