This question is not, admittedly, specifically about Mimedefang so I hope it doesn't bring insult to anybody :P

I have a question about a deferred status being returned by a mail server I am trying to send mail to and how one, as a mail server admin, tries to deal with these situations.

First of all, a deferred status is really out of my hands correct? Perhaps their server mistakenly thinks mine is spamming for some reason, but, given that my servers are set up correctly, other deferred statuses are going to indicate a "problem" on their end yes?

The server in question is returning:

Aug 8 11:52:18 asp sendmail[13710]: q772pt1H016314: to=<*******@*****.co.jp>, delay=1+00:00:21, xdelay=00:00:00, mailer=esmtp, pri=129960390, relay=mail.*****.co.jp. [IP], dsn=4.0.0, stat=Deferred: Connection reset by mail.*****.co.jp.

This deferred error message is new to me. Based on the domain, I have sent mail to the supposed administrators asking them for help on their end. They have yet to reply, unfortunately.

Is there anything else I can do?

Thanks,
Nate

--