On Thu, 21 Nov 2013, Ben Kamen wrote:

I need a little quick help -- in my mimedefang milter, what can I put in
to bypass checking emails being relayed by my server submitted on 587 by
authorized users??

We have this near the top:

   undef $good;

# SMTP Authentication
   if (defined $SendmailMacros{"auth_type"}) {
       $good = 1;
   }

And then later for any routine we can test $good. Because of stolen (phished) passwords we don't exempt smtp auth mail -- we just treat it a little differently. Some checks are skipped and there are special checks only for smtp auth mail. (The name $good is therefore rather historical in nature! Those were the days.)

Notice that this does not check the port, but only whether SMTP Auth succeeded. That's all we require here. I don't know how to test the port.

Notice you must clear $good per message. Since we use it as a per-message global we undef it at the top and then define it (or not), instead of using my.

Joseph Brennan
Columbia University IT