On 2014-10-23 11:29 AM, Kevin A. McGrail wrote:
On 10/23/2014 11:36 AM, Ben Kamen wrote:
I don't remember "unconfiguring this" -- but my system currently doesn't accept mail at
the "full name" user field like it used to.

I wonder if over time I managed to turn it off.

What's the config option so that sendmail accepts  mail to a user's "Full Name"
field?

(like mine is "Ben Kamen" -- so "ben.ka...@benjammin.net" should work - but it
doesn't.
Sendmail was acquired last October by Proofpoint.  So far, I haven't seen much impact and
Sendmail, Inc. was commercial before that supporting Opensource as well.  One of the
"good" examples of a company built on open source that seems to do a good job
of supporting the community and still keeping the lights on.

I'm not aware of a "full name" option (doesn't mean it doesn't exist) but you
could add a file called virtusertable and put in a line that routes the alias to your
local account such as:

ben.ka...@benjammin.net    \bkamen

Then compile it, etc.

Your sendmail.mc will need something like this line which activates the feature
and tells it the hash is in /etc/mail/virtusertable.db

FEATURE(`virtusertable',`hash -o /etc/mail/virtusertable')dnl

Yep -- know all about the virtual user table... we're like this (crossing
fingers)

But there used to be a built in feature (somewhere) in Sendmail that did from
the user's Account info in /etc/passwd.

Hmmm...

Thanks KAM.