Morning!

I have previously been checking files like xlsx for indicators they have macros and blocking them.

Effectively I was doing things like this by treating them as zip files.

However, it appears I was stupid and files when password protected aren't password protected zips but something else.

I'm just starting to dive into this issue.

Any ideas how to reliably detect if they are password protected Office files and deal with them appropriately? A quick check shows they don't appear to have a consistent magic byte but perhaps I'm missing something obvious.

Regards,
KAM