Hi,

For several months now, I have been succesfully using Mingw-w64 to
compile the x64 version of the replacements windows shell boxCore
(http://developer.berlios.de/projects/boxcore/). Recent development
versions have begun encountering segfaults during startup, when compiled
with mingw-w64. The same version of code works correctly when compiled
with normal mingw or with MSVC 2008 (32 bit), I do not have another
64-bit comiler to test with.

I have tried to debug the code using the gdb provided on the mingw-w64
download page, but I cannot get a meaningfull backtrace. I only recieve
a backtrace of 3 frames, and the last two are nonsense adresses (0x002,
0x200 etc). When using WinDbg for x64 I can obtain a backtrace, but no
symbol infomration is available, making it impossible for me to locate
the problem. The corrupt callback stack in gdb makes me think that it
may be due to some sort of stack corruption occuring.

Does the version of gdb on the download page work correctly, and if not
what version should I download or compile for use with mingw-w64
compiled applications?
Is there a known bug which could cause this kind of behaviour.

I encounter the crash when compiling both with -O2, as well as with no
optimisations and debug information on (I tried both -g and -gstabs).

I am using a toolchain that I compiled myself.
The original versions I used where: GCC 4.3.3, Binutils 2.19.1, and the
mingw-w64 november 15 snapshot.
I have since upgraded the toolchain to GCC 4.4-snapshot-20090306,
Binutils 2.19.5.0.2 and current mingw-w64 svn, but still have the same
problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
Shaun Barlow