On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 10:52 PM, Wolfgang Glas <wolfgang.g...@ev-i.at> wrote:
> Ozkan Sezer schrieb:

>>> Hi Ozkan,
>>>
>>>  Could you please post the patches against gcc-4.4-branch either to this
>>> list
>>> or on a website? A short comment on each patch would be appreciated very
>>> much.
>>>

>> See the source tarball under Toolchain sources -> Personal Builds.
>> Most, if not all, of the binaries also contain the used patches under
>> a subdirectory called _build_info within themselves.
>
> Oh, TX, I'll hava a look at these.

Mostly PR patches that went into 4.5 but not
planned for a 4.4 backport.

>>>  Moreover, is there a reason, why you are using a gcc-4.4.3 prerelease
>>> rather
>>> than the official gcc-4.4.2 release?
>>
>> Well, 4.4.3 contain more fixes and, as far as I can follow,
>> there aren't any regressions since 4.4.2.
>
> Good point, ThX.

My reason is the same as yours when you asking
about a 4.4.2 based release whereas you already
report that you are perfectly fine with 4.4.1 based
releases. You see that 4.4.2 out you feel the urge
to upgrade. For me, well I feel that urge a little
earlier ;)

>>>  The reason behind my questions is, that I'd like to upgrade my ubuntu
>>> packages
>>> from mingw-w64-gcc-4.4.1-1 to gcc-4.4.2. We've made excellent experience
>>> with
>>> our mingw-w64-gcc-4.4.1-1 packages, so I'm not in a hurry ;-)
>>
>> Really good to hear that you have success with us.
>> I'm fairly sure that there will be official 4.4.2-based
>> packages from our packagers, too.
>
> Everytime the same story: No feedback for developers, if everything is working
> OK ;-)
>
> We have ported multihreaded server-applications (omniORB-4.1.4 based) as well
> as
> multithreaded GUI-Programs (Qt3 and Qt4) from mingw.org to mingw-w64 cross
> compilers and observed no regression yet ;-)

We really need some web space (a wiki maybe?)
for such success stories.  Out of curiosity, are your
successes with x86 or x86_64 or both?

--
Ozkan