2009/12/23 Chris Sutcliffe <ir0nh...@gmail.com>:
> Hi Kai,
>
>> I didn't noticed this change in behavior. Could you provide to me some
>> small testcase by which I can reproduce this?
>
> I'll create a simple test case over the holidays.  As it stands today,
> I see it with my Emerge Desktop application, but it by no means is a
> simple test case.
>
>> The only thing you should be aware is, that by using shared C++ you
>> get linker warnings about autoimports, when you didn't specified
>> --enable-autoimports for linker. Did it helps if you specify option
>> -static?
>
> I see the C++ import warnings, and as you mentioned I addressed them
> by adding -Wl,--enable-auto-import but it did not help the problem of
> undefined references that I'm seeing.  The issue is actually the
> classes being export by Emerge Desktop's shared libraries, for
> example:
>
> ../.objs64/Release/emergeTasks/Config.o:Config.cpp:(.text+0xef):
> undefined reference to `_imp___ZN16BasePositionPageD1Ev'
> ../.objs64/Release/emergeTasks/Config.o:Config.cpp:(.text+0x11f):
> undefined reference to `_imp___ZN12SchemeEditorD1Ev'
> ../.objs64/Release/emergeTasks/Config.o:Config.cpp:(.text+0x882):
> undefined reference to
> `_imp___ZN16BasePositionPageC1ENSt3tr110shared_ptrI12BaseSettingsEEj'
> ../.objs64/Release/emergeTasks/Config.o:Config.cpp:(.text+0x90b):
> undefined reference to `_imp___ZN12SchemeEditorC1EP6HWND__'
>
> Where BasePositionPage, SchemeEditor and BaseSettings are exported
> classes from Emerge Desktop's shared libraries.
>
> Hrm....  interestingly enough, all the undefined references I'm seeing
> are from exported classes, exported functions seem to be fine.
> Perhaps this is an issue with dllexport / dllimport and C++ classes?
>
> Cheers!
>
> Chris
>
> --
> Chris Sutcliffe
> http://emergedesktop.org

Ah, as you describe this, I am remembering, that there is a patch for
C++ FE pending (it is a bug), that the namespace should be able to
contain the dllexport/dllimport here.
So this issue is most likely related to this. Maybe generate your
import-library by using export-all? Does this help?

Cheers,
Kai

PS: Somehow it looks like that mingw.org has no real interest in
fixing the mingwm10.dll issue. But well, I tried to help.