kmx came up with this issue:

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: SourceForge.net <nore...@sourceforge.net>
Date: Sat, Jan 2, 2010 at 11:04 AM
Subject: [mingw-w64 - Help] RE: 64-bit native toolchain binaries

Read and respond to this message at:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/forums/forum/723798/topic/3436580

> **1) strip.exe issue (maybe it is a feature)**
>
> With old gcc toolchain from mingw.org project I can run
> strip.exe with a wildcard like this: strip d:\dir\*.dll
>
> However with mingw-w64 binaries it returns:
> d:\> strip.exe d:\dir\*.dll
> strip.exe: 'd:\dir\*.dll': No such file
> (even if there are *.dll files in d:\dir)
>
> Maybe it is a new feature of new biutils, I do not know.
> Anyway the behaviour of the old toolchain was more
> convenient.

Hmm, command line parsing/glob'bing seem to not
work. I beleive, if you were to run it under msys instead
of cmd.exe it would work. The reason may be that
our crt disables globbing by default (see crt/wildcard.c,
also see crt/CRT_glob.c), whereas the mingw.org crt
enables it by default. I am not sure whether we should
enable it. Kai?

*******

What do you guys think? Should we enable cmdline globbing
by default as the mingw32 guys do?

--
Ozkan